- 1). Park the car on a level surface with enough room on both sides of the car to work. Jack up the right side of the car and place a jack stand under the support point underneath the car. Do this to the left side of the car as well.
- 2). Remove the jack from underneath the car and open the hood. Disconnect the battery so no power is going to the fan.
- 3). Locate the mounts on each side of the engine. The engine mounts are black rubber fixtures connecting the engine to the frame on each side of the engine. There will be 2 or 4 mounts depending on the year of the Celica.
- 4). Place the jack under the center of the engine. Raise the the engine with the jack slightly to relieve weight and stress from the frame before you start working on the car.
- 5). Remove the bolts from the right side mounts with pliers and corresponding ratchet and socket. Spray WD-40 on the bolts if they are stuck or hard to remove from the mount.
- 6). Remove the mounts from the fitting and set aside. Insert the new motor mounts into the fittings on the right side of the car's engine.
- 7). Insert the bolts into the support holes of the new mounts and tighten with a ratchet and socket. Repeat steps 5 through 7 for any other mounts that need replacing.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time