However, it is important to ensure that you get to the focus point in your articles because most online readers have a small attention span.
Usually, people scan the article and in a couple of seconds, they can decide whether they will continue reading it or not.
Online writing is very competitive and there are tips that you can take advantage of, whether it is to get hired or get well paying jobs online.
Here is a list of tips that can be helpful if you want to know what affects online writing in a positive light: - If you can spot the style I am taking in this article's title, you will know that I am putting a little more thought into the title.
"Affect" and "Effect" are words that most people confuse often so by putting them together side by side, I am hoping to let the "confusion" get some attention.
Also, readers who are a little into the poetic style might stop for a moment to think about the title.
From my little gesture, I am trying to demonstrate that the title is pretty important and you have to make it catchy to grab attention fast.
- Everyone is always looking for answers on how to do various things and by providing these solutions, then the reader can easily categorize something that you write as being worthy to read.
You will get a higher ranking in search engines when people are looking for the kind of content that you write.
- When it comes to online writing, keyword placement and usage is very important if you want it to be effective in the SEO sense.
In the past, 2%-5% keyword density is recommended if you want your article to be effective in reaching your target audience.
However, in recent times, there is no longer an emphasis on density but how you use LSI keyword naturally.
- Depending on the kind of writing you do, your articles might be short or very long but you need to ensure that it is structured well especially when it comes to long ones.
Always make sure that all your ideas are presented in an easy to read approach, and are also coherent.
When writing long articles, break them up using bullet points and several subheadings.
Lists are also a good tool especially if you use them correctly because they have great potential to be viral.
When it goes viral, it means that more people get to read the post and will look forward to your next article.
- Make sure that article's layout is user friendly and flows, so that you do not lose the interest of your readers.
Make sure that the information brings value to the reader and find a way to relate to your readers.
You can do this by avoiding a condescending tone and write as though you are talking to a close friend.
- Most online readers do not want to deal with academic literature and long elaborate words.
Therefore, it is imperative to make use of simple language that even a small child can understand.
It may be hard to achieve this when writing technical topics but you should make an effort to make sure that you simplify it as much as possible.