- 1). Get a good night's sleep. Not getting enough sleep can cause you to sleep through or be unfocused in your classes. Inadequate sleep can cause memory loss, lack of concentration and lack of efficiency. It is recommended that a student get at least eight hours of sleep a night; some can get by on five hours, while others need at least 10 hours.
- 2). Work ahead in all of your classes. What is learned early on in a semester is the foundation for what will be taught later in the semester. At the start of the semester introduce yourself to the professor and make sure that you have received a class syllabus. The syllabus will indicate the dates major assignments are due as well as the date of big exams. Start working on these assignments and studying for these exams at the start of the semester. A personal relationship with the professor that is started at the beginning of the semester will provide you with a contact who can answer your questions and help you work through your problems.
- 3). Practice good study habits at the start of the semester so that you do not fall behind. Good study habits include finding a quiet place to do your work, highlighting the material in the text that the professor touched on and rereading the important parts of chapters. Attend every class and practice good study habits throughout.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Your Ideal Life - What Do You Want it to Look Like?
- Effective Stress Management for Those With Busy lives!
- Retain the Highest Level of Cognitive Response
- How I Experienced Divine Grace During Meditation
- We Have the Power
- Rule 34: Observe the Peace
- Is Progress a Good Thing Where Faith is Concerned?
- Build Self Esteem to Be Drug Free
- Empowerment - The Power to Change
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us