- 1). Measure the dimensions of the room. Before you pick out furniture, measure the length and width of the room. Find out the sizes of the windows, and the width and shape of the closet.
- 2). Pick out a color scheme. Neutral pastels in pale blues and greens suggest a calming feel, while bright primary colors like red, yellow and orange invoke a sunny, energetic feel. Choose two or three coordinating colors and pick one to paint the room with.
- 3). Lay plastic sheeting over the floor, and cover up the trim with masking tape. Paint the whole room or just an accent wall, or create a mural to start giving the room definition. If the room is small, paint only one wall if using a bold color to avoid overpowering the room.
- 4). Choose furniture for the nursery. A crib, bookshelf, changing table and dresser organize space and provide functionality for a nursery. Arrange the furniture around the room according to taste. Leave an open area to create a play space for when the baby is older. Purchase a rocking chair or other comfortable chair for parents and loved ones to keep an eye on the little one.
- 5). Add curtains and fabrics. Choose fabrics that match your chosen color scheme. Animal prints, flower and geometric shapes can add to a friendly feel in a nursery. Use blankets, throw pillows and stuffed animals to contribute to the overall theme of the design.
- 6). Add artwork. Decorate walls with information contributing to the baby's history, name and lineage. Tack up three-dimensional cutouts of animals, birds or flowers. Use shadow-box frames to encapsulate a baby's first curl of hair or other memento.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Make a Twin Sized Dog Bed With Storage
- Compare Business Electricity Price to Get Best Deal
- How to Build a Chair from a Skateboard
- Ideas to Improve and Enliven Your Interior Design
- How to Decorate a Living Room With a Modern Brown Sofa
- Interior Design Ideas for a Great Room
- Increase The Elegance to Your Home Utilizing The Exterior Window Shades
- Choosing Mantel Clocks
- Themes for a little boy"s room
- Best Guide For the Carpet Rentals Machine
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us