- 1). Measure the dimensions of the room. Before you pick out furniture, measure the length and width of the room. Find out the sizes of the windows, and the width and shape of the closet.
- 2). Pick out a color scheme. Neutral pastels in pale blues and greens suggest a calming feel, while bright primary colors like red, yellow and orange invoke a sunny, energetic feel. Choose two or three coordinating colors and pick one to paint the room with.
- 3). Lay plastic sheeting over the floor, and cover up the trim with masking tape. Paint the whole room or just an accent wall, or create a mural to start giving the room definition. If the room is small, paint only one wall if using a bold color to avoid overpowering the room.
- 4). Choose furniture for the nursery. A crib, bookshelf, changing table and dresser organize space and provide functionality for a nursery. Arrange the furniture around the room according to taste. Leave an open area to create a play space for when the baby is older. Purchase a rocking chair or other comfortable chair for parents and loved ones to keep an eye on the little one.
- 5). Add curtains and fabrics. Choose fabrics that match your chosen color scheme. Animal prints, flower and geometric shapes can add to a friendly feel in a nursery. Use blankets, throw pillows and stuffed animals to contribute to the overall theme of the design.
- 6). Add artwork. Decorate walls with information contributing to the baby's history, name and lineage. Tack up three-dimensional cutouts of animals, birds or flowers. Use shadow-box frames to encapsulate a baby's first curl of hair or other memento.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Decorating and Furnishing a Home Cinema Room
- What To Look For in a Quality Storage Facility
- House Interior Designer In India: Give Your Home A New Look
- The Many Purposes of Tarps
- Beddings & Duvets - Find The Right Choice
- How to Compost Lower Branches of Tomato Plants When they Are Wilting and Dying
- Information on Making Silk Flower Arrangements
- Buying Bedding for Your Home
- 5 Ways You Can Transform Your Kitchen
- How to Troubleshoot Tomato Plants
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us