- 1). Measure the distance from the mudsill (board directly on top of the concrete wall) to the ground. Add 2 feet to that measurement.
- 2). Roll out your insulation and cut it to the above calculated measurement with your utility knife.
- 3). Cut a length of 2 by 2 board that is the width of your insulation.
- 4). Place the insulation up to the mudsill and position the 2 by 2 board over the top of the insulation. Drive nails along the length of the 2 by 2 to secure the insulation to the mudsill.
- 5). Position the insulation so it runs straight down the wall and stays tight to the wall. Place bricks or lengths of 2 by 4 boards on top of the insulation to hold it in place on the ground.
- 6). Work your way along the entire wall until the entire crawlspace is insulated.
- 7). Measure the dimensions in the floor joist space above the mudsill. Add a few inches to these dimensions and cut a piece of insulation at the calculated dimension. The piece will resemble a small rectangle or square. You are insulating the wall within the joist space above the mudsill, not the entire floor joist above you.
- 8). Press the insulation into the joist space above the mudsill. Because the insulation is slightly larger than the joist space, compression will keep it from falling out.
- 9). Measure each subsequent space, cut insulation and press it into place.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Figure Auto Coverage Recommendations
- Cheap Women"s Car Insurance - Are Insurance Companies Being Unfair to Men?
- How to lower your auto insurance premiums
- How to Get Affordable Automobile Insurance in Pennsylvania
- Stay Safe on the Road, San Antonio
- Car Insurance Quotes Made Easy
- Compare Car Insurance - What You Need to Know About Comparing Auto Insurance Companies
- Shop Around For the Best Deal in Overseas Auto Insurance
- Bike Accident Claim
- Young Drivers Insurance - How to Get Significant Discounts
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us