- 1). Write down the improper fraction -- for example, 27/6. The fraction bar means you need to divide 27 by 6.
- 2). Divide 27 by 6. The answer is 4, with a remainder of 3. Use the answer as the whole number part of the mixed number, and place the remainder over the original denominator: 4 3/6.
- 3). Reduce the fraction, if necessary. For example, 3/6 equals 1/2 (the lowest common denominator of 3 and 6 is 3, so divide both the numerator and the denominator by 3 to reduce the fraction to 1/2).
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Panda the Pomeranian
- Labrador Retriever Art, Gifts, and Guides
- How to Treat Crystals in a Dog"s Bladder - A Simple, Step-by-Step Guide
- Hair Loss Due to Allergy to Vetsulin
- Agility Training for Dogs in Utah
- Puppies - Seniors Learn What to Feed Them
- How to Train My Mastiff
- Why Does My Dog Get Sores After a Bath?
- When Is My Dog Too Old For That Haircut?
- 7 Reasons Your Pet Needs Fruits and Vegetables
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us