Professional Sports Tickets
- Most of the gold and silver wrapped gifts have a feminie quality -- flatware, crystal champagne glasses, a toaster. Give the gift of tickets to one of Miami's professional sports teams. The Heat (NBA), Dolphins (NFL), Marlins (MLB), and Panthers (NHL) all play within the Miami metro-area. A pair of regular season tickets cost about the same as a set of knives, and gives the couple an upcoming event to attend together. A pair of Heat, Marlins or Panthers tickets in a good section cost about $120, while Dolphins tickets range from $150 to $260, as of March 2011. Other options include tickets to a University of Miami Hurricanes football game or Fort Lauderdale Strikers, a professional soccer team.
- Viva Terra, an eco-friendly home furnishing store, syncs with Miami's environmentally aware populous, evidence by its designation as America's cleanest city in 2008, according to Forbes. Viva Terra offers an interesting and appealing selection of gifts for weddings. A special wedding section on the website features dozens of items from a slate cheese board to flatware designed from twigs. Viva Terra combines expected gifts with an unexpected twist. Customers can order items from Viva Terra's website. The site also has a gift registry.
- Oranges, grapefruits and lemons are just a few of the fruits that can be found dangling in Miami backyards. In a state that has a county called Citrus what better wedding gift to receive than a citrus juicer. Juicers specifically designed for citrus can be cheap or expensive. The Black & Decker CitrusMate is an inexpensive, practical juicer which retails for less than $20 as of March 2011. On the other end of the spectrum is the Breville Motorized Citrus Press retailing for more than $180 as of March 2011.
Grill or Grill Accessories
- When the average temperature in January is 75 degrees, and the sun shines more than 300 days a year, you know the bride and groom will be spending some time outdoors. A grill, whether an electric outdoor George Foreman or a stainless steal masterpiece, invokes the outdoor, leisurely lifestyle of Miami. Opt for grill accessories if a grill is on the high end of your spending budget or if the couple already has one.
- Just because the bride and groom are from Miami doesn't mean they want to spend everyday of the year there. Miami is blessed with a geographical location near a half-dozen destinations for a one- or two-night getaway. The Florida Keys, Orlando, Everglades National Park, Fort Myers and Tampa-St. Petersburg are all within a four-hour drive. Each of these locations provides the wedding couple a quick getaway from the routine. You can book a hotel room, wrapping the reservation in a traditional wrapping. You can always change the reservation dates to accommodate the couple's schedule.
- Sunscreen, after-sun lotions and a beach towel make an excellent gift for beach lovers . A set of matching beach towels and all those little accessories will make for one stylish gift basket. It is also a gift the bride and groom will get some mileage out of. For your beach towels head to the Clevelander Hotel's gift shop for its specially designed beach towels. Riemann P20 Once a Day provides 10 hours of sun protection, but must be ordered as it is only sold in England -- this makes your gift even more thoughtful. Shopping at one of South Beaches spas and stores is also a way to find out-of-the-ordinary sun care products.