- Give creative goodie bags at a kid's birthday party.bag image by Jan Will from <a href='http://www.fotolia.com'>Fotolia.com</a>
It's not uncommon for guests to a children's birthday party to receive favors in the form of goodie bags. But rather than going the traditional route and filling some paper bags with candy, consider being a little bit more creative. It's also best to try to connect the goodie bags to the party's theme.
- Give a themed favor bag if you are hosting a sleepover. Purchase blue bags and use stamps or paint to cover them with stars and moons. Fill the bags with items such as teddy bear stickers, glow in the dark stars, cartoon character toothbrushes and other nighttime-related items.
- This is a great idea if you are hosting a group of boys or girls who love sports. Use sports-themed bags or decorate your own with sports stamps. Fill the bags with sports stickers, whistles, baseball cards, sporty key chains and sneaker laces. Add some sunflower seeds and bubble gum.
- Create a goodie bag for a princess party by using a miniature cosmetic bag. Fill it with sparkly costume jewelry, lip gloss and hair barrettes. If you want to go all out, include luxurious bath products, such as a fluffy sponge, bubble bath and body lotion.
- Use this idea for a fun twist on a traditional goodie bag. Set up a shopping area for the children. Fill bowls with different kinds of candy, stickers and small toys. Let the birthday boy or girl be the shopkeeper. Give each child some pennies to go in the "store" and choose some favors for his or her bag.