- 1). Open a single Firefox window.
- 2). Click "Tools" in the Menu Bar at the top of the window.
- 3). Select the "Clear Recent History" menu option. A separate window will open.
- 4). Click on the menu that's to the right of the "Time Range to Clear" menu inside the new window. Five options will appear. Click on "Everything."
- 5). Click the box that is next to the "Browsing & Download History" option located beneath the "Time Range to Clear" menu. Click on the boxes found next to the other options to delete that information from the computer as well. Deleting this information, including "Cookies," is not necessary to clear visited links.
- 6). Click "Clear Now." The visited links are cleared from Firefox.
- 1). Open a single Internet Explorer window.
- 2). Click "Safety" found in the "Command Bar" at the top of the window.
- 3). Click the "Delete Browsing History" option inside of the menu. A separate will window open.
- 4). Click on the box that is next to "History" inside the new window. Click on the boxes located next to other options, like "Passwords," to delete that information also. Deleting information other than "History" isn't necessary to clear visited links.
- 5). Click "Delete." The visited links are cleared from Internet Explorer.