Today there are numerous options to help make your bag unique and easy to spot from the rest. Here are just a few of the latest on the market.
1. Bright and big luggage tags. These tags are made oversized and in neon colors unlike the luggage tags of yesterday. They are available in unique designs such as animals, flowers, and licensed characters and teams. Look for durable ones that will not rip off in transit.
2. Luggage straps. Luggage straps go around the entire suitcase and come in a wide variety of colors, sizes and prints. Different widths are on the market so pick the widest one you can find for maximum exposure. Make sure to put it back on the bag and not leave it where you are staying while traveling.
3. Luggage spotters. They are wrapped around just the handle of the bag and are secured with Velcro. They also provide extra cushion when picking up or carrying a bag. Consider getting one for each handle as most pieces of luggage have a handle on the top and side.
4. Iron on tags. These patches are directly ironed onto a bag and come in a wide variety of sizes and designs. Many different styles and categories are available to give your bag personal flair. They are permanent and can be seen from any angle on the carousel.
5. Personalized luggage tags. Add personal style and design to your bags. Sport a favorite team, dog breed, cartoon character, etc. This option is not ideal for someone who moves frequently as your address is permanently printed on the luggage tag.
6. Pom Poms. Tie a pom pom onto the handle of the bags. Try to pick a unique color as many travelers use this method. You may want to reinforce the pom pom by tying extra string to make sure it is secure on handle.
7. Stickers. Permanent stickers are great for hard clam shell suitcases and should stay on luggage for a period of time. Make sure the sticker is waterproof and will not come off easily.
Try one or more of these methods and you could find yourself stress free and actually looking forward to the baggage claim carousel on your next trip!