- 1). Place the ATV on a level surface. Make sure there's no weight on the ATV and that all tires touch the ground.
- 2). Move the ATV backwards and forwards to find the tightest part of the chain and then measure the slack.
- 3). Compare the measurement with your manufacturers specified drive chain slack. If it's incorrect, adjust it.
- 4). Loosen the rear axle pinch bolts.
- 5). Insert the rod into one of the holes in the drive chain tensioner.
- 6). Shift the transmission into neutral and push the ATV backwards to tighten the drive chain. Push the ATV forwards to loosen it.
- 7). Pull the rod out and then tighten the rear axle pinch bolts to the torque specified by your manufacturer.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us