- 1). Log in to the access point as an Administrator user. The details depend on the make and model of the access point. For example, for a Linksys WRT54GS, double-click on the Internet Explorer icon on the Vista desktop, then navigate to Web address "192.168.1.1." Enter "admin" as the user name, then enter the administrator's password, then click "OK."
- 2). Navigate the Web-based configuration utility to the wireless security panel. For example, for a Linksys WRT54GS, click "Wireless," then "Wireless security."
- 3). Select the "WPA2 Personal" security mode.
- 4). Choose a WPA2 pass phrase. Make it difficult to guess. It should contain at least 16 alphanumeric characters, and contain no word you can find on a dictionary.
- 5). Make the current configuration permanent. For example, on a WRT54GS, click on "Save settings." At that point, WPA2 encryption will have been turned on for that wireless network.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- The London Eye
- Moving to Belize
- India Tour - Where to Go
- North India Pilgrimage Tour - A Way to Feel Religious Ethos of India
- Pleasant Villa Renting in Costa Brava
- Southern California Beach Tips - Choose a "Groomed" Or a "Natural" Beach
- Grab the Best Tour Packages for Rajasthan
- A Visit to Barcelona: Now and Then!
- Zimbabwe - Simply Astonishing
- Winter Tourism in Ladakh
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us